Thursday, November 22, 2007

Finally!

Okay, my sisters have been bugging the crud out of me. So here I am! Posting on my blog! Happy Arah? Well, right now nothing special is really going on. I'm just taking my kids to school and then off to work. Love my job though. My team is fantastic. Some of the best people on earth. They make each day a blast. The kids are great too. And I'm getting to work as both a counselor and math teacher. Couldn't ask for much better than that! Okay, maybe a little better pay.
I have a 12 year old daughter,(sadly almost a teenager)Christina, who is going to middle school now. They grow up too fast! She's kicking butt in school, getting highest scores as always. She's having tons of fun with fabulous friends. I really couldn't ask for a better group of kids. They do the right thing and don't follow the crowd. It's mainly the students I taught last year. I have to tell you a quick story. A 7th grade teacher did an experiment on her class. She told all the brunettes to stand up. They had to remain standing for the rest of the class. If they sat down, the blondes would have to do their homework for the week. Most of the students immediately sat. The only exceptions were any student that was in my class last year. They remained standing for the remainder of the class. I was so proud of them! I spend a lot of time throughout the year talking about doing the right thing no matter what everyone else is doing. I'm thrilled to see it actually sunk in. Again, I couldn't ask that she hang out with a better group of kids. All except for Maddy of course. We're all a little concerned about her. (JK, luv u babe!)(Oh yeah Maddy, I forgot. I'm not allowed to use things like JK) LOL (laugh out loud or lots of love, totally your choice my dear.)
My son is 8 and was just recently baptized this past year! He is such a joy to have around. He will soon be starting basketball with one of his best friends, Matthew, whom he loves to play with. He just finished out this past soccer season. He is a great forward but always wants to be goalie! :-)
And last my youngest daughter, Analisa, who just turned 6 about a week ago. She just lost her 6th tooth on the week of her 6th birthday and she thinks the tooth fairy planned it magic just for her. She now believes she is the richest woman alive with her 5 dollars from the last three teeth she lost. She is so excited. She has insisted that mom start teaching her algebra. Seriously. She bugs me about it all the time. She's surprisingly good. Her brother has joined in. They've got the negatives concepts down better than some of my 6th graders.(I don't know what is wrong with them. It's really not my fault. I try to be the irresponsible parent, but they just keep making me act like I'm supposed to.) They even tuck me in with bedtime stories they read to me at night. If I don't watch out, I might just end up with some pretty decent kids.
Hope all your Thanksgivings were great! Miss you Mom and Dad. How the 130 degree weather treating you? Guess snow is not so bad after all. Have a great Christmas all.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Fun! I'm so glad you started a blog!

Updates From The Outback said...

That's a great job! Keep it up. I loved every word and picture.

Arah Debra said...

Yes, I am happy now. Good job!

Julee said...

It is amazing how I set up my blogspot first and some how mom and dad have responded to your blog but have not yet even taken a look at mine. Shish I guess I know who they love best!!!! Great blog did Arah set you yours too! She is getting great at that. Certinly is getting a lot of practice.

Laura Shumway said...

I'm gonna beat on you Juish! No, Arah did not set up my blog! Okay, fine, it was mainly Christina. But I helped alot. I'll bet Ayden didn't help with yours at all. Ha, ha! My kid is better than your kid! And yes, of course, Mom and Dad love me best. I thought that was a long time established precident. Are you just cluing in?
The best loved child.

Updates From The Outback said...

For your information,I equally don't love all my children. There has not yet been a 130 degree temperature in Alice Springs, Aus. In fact, it has barely hit 110 a few days this week. Keep cool, and quit fighting about who is best loved and will therfore receive an inheritance of all my debts. Elder Dad.

Updates From The Outback said...

Now I see where our children are getting their insecurities. I love all my children equally lots!!!
Love Sister Mom

Unknown said...

Laura I love your blog! You take A back seat to know one What A blessing you and your sisters are to me as are your precious families,and of course my dear mike, who needs to call me. Call me one day I need an up on you know what, Laura Dear. Hugs and kisses to all. Grandma G.