Monday, November 26, 2007

Love you Ashley

I was reminded today of how fleeting life can be. How precious every breath we take and how important every impact we make is. Ashley died at 1:00am this morning. She was a friend and a valued member of our team at work. Ashley affected everyone around her for the good. Since I am the only school counselor at the school, I spent the entire day working with students traumatized by her loss. The students love Miss Hansen. They always felt empowered by and loved by her. The faculty loved her as well. Ashley lived everyday in joy. She spread it whereever she went. She was part of what made work so great. She also made everyone with whom she interacted feel valued and loved. She listened. She understood. And she truly cared. Thank you Ashley for allowing me to be a brief part of your life. Thank you for your example. Life and everyone we interact with are meant to be loved. I have learned from you, Ashley. I hope I can take that learning and make myself a better person because of it.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry to hear that, sounds like she wil be very missed.

Updates From The Outback said...

I am so sorry to hear about Ashley. What a shock. I know how mcuh you liked and respected her as a teacher and loved working with her. Lifed turns on a dime and can be so fleeting. We must make the most of every minute and appreciate each blessed day we are given.